Powered by Blogger


CrispAds Blog Ads

Monday, January 23, 2006

" A New Bag of Tricks "

I read a very interesting article by Anthony McCarron in today's Daily News. It is about veteran RHP Tommy Glavine. In the article Glavine says "It's like, 'Hey, all right, I have a new bag of tricks,' so to speak. I had it working for half a year and, boy, I'd like to do that for a whole year. You couple that with the changes we've made as a club and it's an exciting time." Like Glavine, Mets Pitching Coach Rick Peterson also uses a catchy analogy to refer to Galvine's renewed ability on the mound: "He rewrote his recipe".

Glavine calls his stuff "a new bag of tricks", Peterson calls it a "recipe". Whatever it is I am sure we would all like to see Glavine give us one of his Atlanta like seasons in 06', the question is will he? And the answer is, almost. I can pretty much guarantee that the Glavinator will not give us 20+ wins, like he did five times with the Braves, but he may be able to pull off 13-15 wins. His breaking ball is nasty. Complementing this with his excellent change-up spells success for Glavine. Glavine is 25 wins away from his 300th career win and because his contract will expire after 06' he may not be wearing a Mets uniform, but I for one would like to see him win number 300 in orange and blue.
Google
 
Web www.metsplanet.com