Powered by Blogger


CrispAds Blog Ads

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Cliff Floyd Foundation

Mets LF Cliff Floyd is creating his own foundation to help bring baseball back to the "hood". Cliff feels that baseball has died down in African-American communites. "I have a good life because of this game. I have things," he says, "I never would have had because I can play baseball. It's a good game for us. But we don't play it anymore. That's sad." The foundation will start small and work its way up. It will provide young players with the equipment, and place to play the game that was once so rich in African-American communites. This is Cliff's way of trying to clean up the hood. "Expose the 'hood to the game. ... Let them know it's a good game and a good life. Kids don't know that, they don't see it. You can live the way I live in basketball and football. But you can with baseball, too. I have time at home. I love what I have, I love being in this game. But I'd like to see more of my people in it." To read more on the foundation and Cliff's ideas check out Marty Noble's article on Mets.com.
Google
 
Web www.metsplanet.com